An exciting opportunity has arisen working for an ever developing Academy in East London. Due to an internal restructure, the Academy is now looking to fill a new role of Finance & Business Manager. This is a Full time/Permanent vacancy.
They are looking to a appoint a well-qualified, experienced and talented financial leader to play a key role in delivering an outstanding finance and business function within the academy.
As part of the Strategic Leadership Team, you will meet on a regular basis to set out strategic direction of the Academy and plan, organise, monitor and evaluate its work.
The successful candidate must be a highly motivated individual who can lead by example and inspire others.
- Be an experienced financial leader with established proven track record of academy/school financial management, risk management and financial operational leadership.
- Have excellent and successful leadership and management skills, and be used to working with a number of diverse teams.
- Be committed to the ideals of comprehensive education and inclusive schools which improve the life chances of children and young people.
Purpose of the role:
- Provide strategic leadership for and development of the finance functions of the Academy
- Provide strategic financial direction and information for the Chief Executive Officer/Headteacher and the Governing Body
- Establish, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all financial systems, policies and procedures, reviewing and refining as necessary
- Develop best value strategies in all areas of school life
- Provide management of identified support staff to enhance their effectiveness in order to improve standards and raise achievement of all students
Full job description is available for suitable applicants.
If this position is of interest to you then please apply below. If you wish to discuss this position, please call Allison Travis or Rachel Weeden on 0203 011 5292