As soon as we have received your cv/resume and you have communicated your desire to teach in the UK, we will call you…
As soon as a school communicates their interest in your details, we will provide you with comprehensive information about…
Guide to QTS
All teachers who successfully complete their teaching qualification in England and Wales are awarded Qualified Teacher Status…
Guide to Visas
Any teacher from outside the UK or the European Union wishing to work in England will require a visa to do so…
At Hourglass Education, we provide our temporary teachers with various payment options, to enable teachers to…
At Hourglass, we put every effort into supporting our teachers throughout the recruitment process, from the…
Overseas Trained Teachers
If you are an overseas trained teacher looking to teach in the UK, we can help.
At Hourglass, we have over 20 years’ combined experience of recruiting from a wide range of overseas countries, including Canada, Ireland Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, as well as many others.
As an overseas trained teacher, we fully appreciate the myriad educational, cultural and social experiences that you can bring to UK schools and we make every effort to communicate this clearly to our client schools.
When we submit your details to our client schools, we do not offer your application as a second best alternative to a UK trained teacher, but as a highly advantageous, inspired addition to a school’s most valuable resource, its teaching staff.
Benefits of working through Hourglass Education
- Excellent pay rates
- Tax efficient payment system enabling you to earn more money
- Weekly pay
- Long term and permanent posts
- National coverage
- Friendly, supportive and experienced consultants
- Extensive experience within education recruitment
- Matching your expertise to the needs of the school; we match teachers to positions which closely reflect their experience, capabilities and stated preferences
- Comprehensive immigration and visa support
- Advice on Certificates of Sponsorship
- Advice on Entry Clearance and Leave to Remain
- Support finding and securing accommodation
- On-going support throughout your teaching placement
- Referral bonus